Wednesday, April 12, 2006

I Choose To Do My Best For God

I just put this post up on one of our officials/umpiring forums & I thought that I ought to put it on my blog as well.

I find that my faith in God and the divine guidance I receive from the Holy Spirit has been has been an immeasurable asset to me. We are told that we need to fear God as our Father. My fear of God is what holds me impartial as a sports official. I know that when I step on the court or on the field that not only is it my job to be fair and impartial but that my Christian witness is on the line. In addition I know that some day I will have to answer to God for everything that I've done.

I try to have a quiet time with God every night. If during the day I called a game and wasn't fair or impartial how could I face my Father that night? I'm not saying that I don't blow calls from time to time, I do, and that’s just human. This is where grace comes in.

Romans 6:14 (NLT) "Sin is no longer your master, for you are no longer subject to the law, which enslaves you to sin. Instead, you are free by God's grace." I have the grace to repent before God when I do blow it. Continuing in Romans 6 with verses 15 & 16 "So since God's grace has set us free from the law, does this mean we can go on sinning? Of course not! Don't you realize that whatever you choose to obey becomes your master? You can choose sin, which leads to death, or you can choose to obey God and receive his approval." I choose to do my best for God and my faults, which God & I are working on, are covered by grace.

Be Blessed!

BIG SCOTT

No comments: