Sunday, March 15, 2009

Having Fun Witnessing!!!

I’m sure glad the weather is breaking here in Wichita! For once I can get out and witness and not have to do it in Wal-mart or the mall! Today Pam & I went down to the Keeper of the Plains where the Big & Little Arkansas Rivers come together. If you ever come to Wichita, or as far as that goes if you live here, you really need to check out the Keeper of the Plains! There are two giant walkways, one over each river and in the middle at the confluence is a giant statue surrounded by fire pots and lots of really cool Indian stuff. You’ll probably also find there various assortments of ducks, geese, & people!

Anyway, as I was saying my wife & I headed down there today so I could pass out million dollar bill tracts & witness. We had a really good time, got some exercise walking around and passed out a bunch of tracts. I guess I’ll have to put the Keeper of the Plains on my list of places where I need witness more often!

Speaking of witnessing I always get a rush when I’m passing out million dollar bills. Seeing the look on peoples face when you say “Here, have a million dollar bill!” is in itself many times quite amusing. Kids especially those in the 8-14 age range really get a kick out of our million dollar bills! I learned long ago if there is a bunch of kids and you give one kid a tract you better have enough for all of them because they’ll all want one!

But the rush doesn’t stop there! The funny thing is that even to this day I still get nervous when I go one on one with people witnessing. Why do I get nervous? It’s that same old fear that every one of us faces when we go to share our faith, it’s one of the greatest fears in the world, and it’s the fear of rejection. One thing that Bill Fay would say when I studied under him about witnessing was that “Just remember it’s not you they’re rejecting, they’re rejecting the witness of the Holy Spirit.” As long as I remember that the weight is off of my shoulders and I can witness like I’ve been trained to witness!

I love to witness, in fact I would have to say that sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ with someone is my second favorite thing to do in this world. But wait, if sharing the Gospel is second what would be first? That would have to be unquestionably leading someone in repenting of their sins and accepting Jesus as their Lord and Savior and then being the first to welcome a new Believer into the fold!

Yes I love to witness! Yes I love doing what the Lord has called me to do! And yes, I am humbled by the Lord’s calling on my life!

Matthew 28:18 - 20 Jesus came and told his disciples, “I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. Therefore, go and make disciples of all the peoples, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

Be Blessed!

BIG SCOTT

No comments: