Friday, January 26, 2007

The Promise!

Sometimes it sure can be tough waiting on God to move in your life. One of the things that have been on the heart of both my wife and myself is finally getting our finances in order. Before I got sick a couple of years ago we were doing a pretty good job with our finances but not being able to work steady for over a year really put us in a bind. It is only by the grace of God that we were able to stay afloat this long.

Now I’ve finally got a great job selling cars. With the paychecks that I have to look forward too in the next couple of weeks along with our income tax refund we are planning to get caught back up on our bills and finally give us some breathing room. Things are looking good for our financial future for once. It is that future and that hope that the Lord has given us that gives us the strength to push on.

About three weeks ago I had talks with our store manager, Kelvin, and Alan from the corporate office. We discussed whether or not I could make it in the car business and if I could survive the slow winter. Both men told me I had the talent and encouraged me to hang on. The next morning after having my talk with Kelvin I got up and turned the TV on to TBN and the first thing I heard was evangelist Marilyn Hickey say “Winners never quit and quitters never win!” That was my confirmation that I needed to stay right where I was at and do my best, give God the praise, and let the Lord do the rest. I’m glad I did because I’ve had a good month ever since then.

A good salesman, regardless of what he sells treats his job like his own business and builds a solid customer base. That’s what I’m doing now and it’s starting to pay off. Like I said, I’m having a good month this month. Right now I’m in second place at our store for the month and from what I’ve been hearing city wide I’m doing exceptionally well. For this I give God all the praise. I know that my success comes from the Lord. If it wasn’t for me finding favor with the Lord I sure wouldn’t be selling the number of cars that I’ve sold this month!

I can tell you this, if you’re thinking of giving up and throwing in the towel seek God first. Seek to find out what the Lord has in store for your future. Are you where God wants you? Does God want to bless you right where you’re at? Does God want to raise you to a higher place? Of course he does!

You’ve probably heard of Jeremiah 29:11 which says “For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.” Keep reading and see what verses 12 – 14 have to say! “In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me. I will be found by you,” says the Lord. “I will end your captivity and restore your fortunes.”

That’s a promise I can gratefully accept!

Be Blessed!

BIG SCOTT

No comments: