Sunday, January 14, 2007

Feeling Old!

It’s been said that age is mostly a matter of mind. If you don’t mind it doesn’t matter! I had one of those times this past week that can you feel just a few years older. I’ve been having some problems with my eyes so I thought that I’d check out the vision benefit on my new health insurance and get my eyes check out, for the first time in twenty five years I might add!

The eye doctor had me in the chair and had that thing on my face where he spins around the different dials to see which settings you can see better with. After a few minutes of spinning the dials the doctor pulls his contraption back and says “Well it looks like you’re going to need bifocals.”

Bifocals! I’ve never even wore glasses before and now I need bifocals! I immediately felt about ten years older! And the to pour a little salt in my aging wound the doctor explained to me that it’s not unusual for people “my age” to need glasses for the first time. When people get to be my age their eyes start to change and may need a little help.

I told the doctor that I could see just fine at a distance and that I didn’t have a bit of trouble when driving. My doctor told me that I had a mild case of astigmatism and that glasses would make my distant vision even better. Once again he told me it was an age thing. At the rate we were going I felt like the doctor was going to recommend a walker for someone at my fragile age!

Until I get my prescription glasses the doctor had me get a pair of reading glasses at Wal-Mart. As a consolation I can see much better to read now. I should also give kudos to my wife. She did a great job of making me feel better by telling me that my glasses make me look more sophisticated and intelligent! It’s great having a wife that knows how to make you feel better!

Be Blessed!

BIG SCOTT

No comments: