Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Landing In The Job God Had For Me

Wow! Once again it’s been a bit since I been able to get a new blog up! For once I really believe that I’m where God wants me to be! For a lack of faith I thought that God wanted me out on the road driving truck but it didn’t take long for God to close that door on me! In fact I really got backed into a corner and was running out of options in regards to work options that I had.

I really didn’t want to go back selling cars again. I guess the biggest reason was once again my lack of faith. At first I really had doubts that I would be able to do well at selling cars again. I really started feeling God tugging on my heart and so I somewhat reluctantly opened my heart to the leading of the Holy Spirit. I really started feeling in my heart that God wanted me to get back into the car business again.

I went back down to Trinity Motors where I sold cars for a couple of years and talked to my old boss and good friend Jerry Thomas to see if he had any suggestions and referrals for me. Sometimes when you’re not sure about something it can sure pay off in big dividends to seek advice from a Christian brother or sister. Especially one that knows you and can encourage you!

Jerry was great! I was really uplifted and Jerry really energized me again by reminding me just how really blessed I am by Jesus in my ability to sell cars. Jerry reminded me that I was one of the best that he had ever met. Jerry and I talked for a bit and Jerry reminded me how much fun I had when we were really busting cars out! Another thing that Jerry told me was that I needed to work with a dealership that had a big inventory because I could move a lot of cars!

Jerry then referred me to go talk with Kelvin at Mike Stephen Kia/Carbanc just a block up from Trinity Motors. Jerry really felt that Kelvin and I would be a good match. It must have been leading of the Holy Spirit because Kelvin and I immediately hit it off!

I went in and met with Kelvin and gave Kelvin my resume. Kelvin interviewed me and liked what I had to say and hired me on the spot! I guess I should say here that I really liked what Kelvin had to say too. One stipulation that I had made to not only to myself but to God was that I would not work for a dealership that sought to do things that I felt were ungodly.

Going in I knew a little bit about Carbanc as one of my close Christian friends was at Carbanc for a few years and one of the sales people that is now at Carbanc is a devoted, Christian Sister. One thing I found out in my interview is that Carbanc is not there to take advantage of people that have credit problems or are hurting in some other way, rather we are there to help these people. I came out of my interview stoked! I knew that I was where God wanted me!

I’ve been at Carbanc now for a week and I’ve already had the opportunity to help out a couple of single mom’s who needed a quality, dependable, vehicle. When a single mom or some other person comes in needing a good, dependable vehicle and I can help them out and we don’t rip their head off price wise or we don’t just try to stick them in any old vehicle that may or may not have a myriad of problems I feel good.

When at the end of the day I can go home to my wife and family, lay down at night and sleep comfortable knowing I’ve done something good to help someone out and I know that I’ve done right in God’s eyes then I know I’m doing what God has called me to do! What a good feeling! Another great thing that I am able to do is follow the vision that God has given to me. I am able to pursue my ministry goals and keep moving forward with my goal of preaching the good news that is Jesus Christ.

Oh, by the way, here comes the unabashed plug…

If anyone is needing or knows someone who needs a good, used car, truck, van, or SUV, or would like a new KIA or Mitsubishi, come on down and see me at KIA Carbanc at the corner of 31st Street South and Broadway or give me a call at 316-522-3435! I can work with anyone and get them bank financing! Come see me!

Advertisement over!!!

Be Blessed!

BIG SCOTT

No comments: