Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Really Not Stuck...

The other day I wrote a blog about being stuck. I received some feedback about that blog saying I was really not stuck but I was at a certain point in my journey with God. I was reminded that we are really never stuck and we are either moving forward or backwards but we are never at a standstill point with God.

I received an offer of employment yesterday driving truck out of Wichita here. Today I went in to get my pre-employment drug screen and physical. Everything was going great until the doctor reviewed the meds I was taking for my Bipolar disorder. The doctor stopped and told me that I would not be allowed to drive a semi with the meds that I was on. I was devastated.

Just when I thought that everything was turning around for the better I get walloped. Tomorrow I’ll go see my psychiatrist to see if I can get my meds changed so I can get back out on the road. Right now it doesn’t look good but my wife and I are hoping for the best. All I can tell you is that this is in God’s hands.

I’m reminded of the story of Job. Job was being tested by Satan to see if Job would curse and blame God. Job was bombarded with loss after loss but job never would curse and blame God even after his friends were begging Job to do so. Job wound up loosing everything including his health for a time but in the end Job stayed true to God and God restored to Job everything that he lost many times over.

I know that I must stay the course. I know that through all of this I must continue to praise God. I know that God will somehow in His infinite grace not only provide for us but see us through this. God is a good God. I know that God loves both my family and me and that I can trust in Him.

I know that God not only has a plan for my life but that He also has a job waiting out there for me somewhere. I just have to keep praying and wait just a little bit longer on God to provide for us. This is a test. This is only a test. We will shortly return to our normal life in a moment.

Be Blessed!

BIG SCOTT

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading your blog. It was encouraging to read that you still love and trust God despite being bipolar. I have a 17 year old son that is bipolar. He has gotten away from God and blames him for his condition. He believes no loving God would do this to a person. I continue to pray for him. It is so hard to see him in such pain.
Thank you for sharing. My email is jeriannt@sbcglobal.net.
Jeri Ann