Sunday, August 20, 2006

I'm Stuck!!!

Have you ever been right on the edge, so close that you can see your goal but can’t quite touch it?  That’s where I’m at right now.  In fact right now I seem to be stuck there.  I have goals, I have dreams, and I have visions.  

I can see my goals.  In fact I’m so close to some of my goals that I can almost touch some of my goals.  I keep having dreams and I believe that the Lord is giving me a vision for my future and for ministry goals for me.  Some of these visions are so close that I can see them happening, but not quite yet.

This is a very frustrating place to be to say the least!  I want so bad to bust out, to bust free, but I just can’t quite seem to wiggle free.  I was talking with my Pastor last night and I told him that if I could just get three good weeks of paychecks in a row the chains would be off and I would be free to run.

To make matters worse my wife and I have been doing the best job we’ve ever done of tithing.  This is the one and only area where the Lord tells us to test him.  I see me standing in front of this dam that is about to full to the point of running over.  Behind this dam is lake of financial blessings.  I’m standing in the middle of the river that runs from this dam and I’m saying “OK God, open up the floodgates!  I’m ready!”  I keep standing there and I keep repeating “OK God, I’m ready!”

I’m not sure why God has me here where I’m at.  I know that a great deal of what’s happening to me now is a result of decisions that I’ve made.  I know that along the way over the last year or so that I’ve been going through dealing with my disorders and getting them under control I’ve made some bad mistakes with both work and with our finances.  I also know that it’s time to move on and move forward.  

Everything that I was hit with is now under control and I’ve got my life back.  Saying that I know that I’m ready to move on to what ever job the Lord has in store for me.  Even bigger I am not only ready but I anxious to tackle whatever ministry assignment the Lord has for me.  I anxious to find out what job the Lord has in store for me but I’m way more excited to see what the Lord has in store for me ministry wise.

One thing that I decided to do right now while I’m stuck here where I’m at is to keep witnessing for Jesus.  Whether its result’s of my actions, attacks of the enemy or whatever I’m still going to go out and witness for Jesus.  Even though I feel stuck right now I certainly feel free when I’m witnessing for Jesus.

A couple of weeks ago I took my wife out and we passed out Gospel tracts down at the ballpark.  The night before last we walked around Wal-Mart planting tracts.  I picked up this kicking little tract that when folded up looks like a $20 bill but when you open it up it’s only about 2/3 the width of a real $20 bill and it say on the back “Disappointed?  You won’t be with Jesus!”  Then it goes on to tell about the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I have had a blast with this tract.  I walk around and no ones looking I drop it on the floor or leave it on a display or some other place where people are sure to see it.  It’s amazing how fast someone will grab it thinking it’s real and just stick it in their pocket.  Others will grab it and open it up and with a shocked look on their face they will just stand there and read it trying to figure out what they’ve got their hands on.  Pick some of these up at your local Christian book store, they’re a hoot!

Anyway, I feel that this week I will break out!  I really feel in my heart that the Lord is going to release me to run this week.  Starting Monday I’m moving forward full speed and I’m not only getting me going again but I’m also moving forward and getting our family moving forward financially again.  Stay tuned here to see what happens next.

One last thing.  This past week I received what I feel is a vision from God.  I’m not free to say yet what it is, at least not publicly, but it was a huge vision.  This was the biggest vision that I’ve ever had.  I’m praying and seeking God to see if this vision was from Him.  I plan on sharing this vision this week with a couple of my spiritual mentors to see what they think.  Please keep me in your prayers over this to discern whether or not this vision was from God.

Have A Great Week!

Be Blessed!!!

BIG SCOTT

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Scott just know that where ever you are and no matter what your going through God always has test, yes a test, just like in school.
He always want to know where our heart is at at all times.
He loves us so much.
6 Seek the Lord while he may be found,

call upon him while he is near;

7 let the wicked forsake their way,

and the unrighteous their thoughts;

let them return to the Lord, that he may have mercy on them,

and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts,

nor are your ways my ways, says the Lord.

9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth,

so are my ways higher than your ways

and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Fred