Wednesday, May 10, 2006

RAIN! RAIN! RAIN!

That was weird! I don’t know what happened but somehow I had four postings of the same blog and some of them had weird endings from others blogs. I’ve got it all straightened out now.

If you’re reading this and you live somewhere other then the middle of Kansas there is a good chance that you’ve not had to deal the rain that we’ve been having to deal with here. In the last two weeks or so we’ve had well over a foot of rain! We were in a terrible drought for the last six months or so and now all of a sudden we’ve got more rain then we know what to do with. I know we needed the rain and I really hate to gripe about the moisture but it would be nice if it would just let up some so I can get back to work!

School is winding down for both my kids and for me. I’ve got just one final to take Monday night & I’ll be through with this semester. It sure feels good to finally get through a whole semester again! I’m still not sure what the future holds for me as far as college goes. I know that I would like to try to finish up my Associates degree this fall.

Speaking of school, the other night in my Speech class I gave my final speech of the year. This was a “persuasion speech” or maybe more aptly named a “sales speech”. This speech was designed to persuade people to my way of thinking on a topic. As soon as the speech assignment was given I felt the Lord leading me to give the speech on “Why you need Jesus.”

I have to admit I was pretty nervous going into the speech. I wasn’t sure if my instructor would approve a speech on a religious topic but she did. I pretty much followed the outline given in “The Way of The Master Series” where you show people that all of sinned first and follow that with the Good News of the Saving Grace. The speech was to be between seven and nine minutes in length and mine came out to just over eight minutes. Like I said I was pretty nervous at the start but the Holy Spirit came upon me and by mid-speech I was flowing very smoothly in the Holy Spirit. When it was all said and done I received an A- on the speech but more importantly the whole class had heard the Good News of Jesus Christ.

I fell now that by following the Lord’s leading in this one endeavor that I will be more equipped, more confident, and less nervous or scared the next time the Lord calls me to preach the Good News. In fact I’m looking forward to the next time the Lord calls me to share. One thing that I’m doing now is writing my own Gospel sharing tracts and I am starting to work with others to take Jesus to the street. Stay tuned as I’m sure this will get exciting!

If anyone is interested in receiving some copies of the new sharing tract that I’m working on please let me know and I’ll be sure to get you some when they come back from the printer. Please keep us in prayer on this as we’re also looking to develop a new website to go along with this.

Be Blessed!

BIG SCOTT

No comments: