Wednesday, May 31, 2006

F A I T H + O B E D I E N C E = V I C T O R Y

Faith.  What is Faith?  I love acronyms.  Acronyms are one of the things that makes writing fun.  Here are some acronyms for Faith.  Fact Accepted In The Heart.  For Answers I Trust Him.  Forsaking All I Trust Him.  But here’s one of my all time favorite acronyms, Fantastic Adventures In Trusting Him!

The last month or so has been a pretty big adventure in Faith.  The enemy has been throwing all kind of stuff at us financially.  My wife and I have just stood in Faith and trusted in the Lord to provide our needs.  Right now I really have no idea how the Lord is going to turn our financial situation around but by what I see in God’s word has caused me to have Faith that the Lord will provide for us.

I know this that in the past when times like this have come and we failed miserably because we did not have any Faith that the Lord would provide and because of that we tried to do it in our own strength.  When you try to do it in your own strength you do it without the Lord and you do it without Faith.  Jesus addressed this in Luke 12:28-30 “And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you? You have so little faith! And don't worry about food--what to eat and drink. Don't worry whether God will provide it for you. These things dominate the thoughts of most people, but your Father already knows your needs”

Kind of on a side note here, my wife and I met with our Pastor last week and we sat down and discussed in depth the call on my life to preach the Gospel.  Two things that were readily apparent were first that we need to push on until we have the victory over our finances so I can be released to preach.  The other thing that our Pastor whole heartedly agreed with me on is that I do have the call of evangelism on my life and in fact it is in the area of encouragement.  

The one thing however that our Pastor shared with us that I somehow overlooked is that as the Lord is taking us through the times of struggle and growth that when we complete this journey we will have a testimony to share that reaches into the realms of the impossible, the realm where the Lord loves to work!  Two things that our Pastor admonished to do, which we are doing already, is to have Faith and to stay the course.  As soon as our Pastor told us that I felt the Holy Spirit reminding me in my heart once again what the prophet Samuel said in 1 Samuel 15;22.  “What is more pleasing to the LORD: your burnt offerings and sacrifices or your obedience to his voice? Obedience is far better than sacrifice. Listening to him is much better than offering the fat of rams.”  I shared this verse the other day and I guess I’ll keep repeating this verse here in my blog as long as the Holy Spirit keeps prompting me.

Let me leave you with this simple equation:

FAITH + OBEDIENCE = VICTORY!

Be Blessed!

BIG SCOTT

No comments: