Monday, September 05, 2005

At a loss for words...

I haven't wrote on my blog for a few days now. I guess I've been kind of at a loss of words as to what to say or write about. One thing interesting I've seen is that since Katrina hit I haven't had to many mood swings. I guess I've been to distracted and busy to think about me. That's probobly not all bad.

I'm heading up hurricne releif for our church. Between searching for ways to help and my job & family, I really have been pretty busy. One thing I need to say here is that we've received a request from Hosanna Church in Houston for some supplies and ministry items.

Pastor James Bell sent me an email requesting "Diapers, Toiletries, Water, Clothing, Bibles, Shoes, & Just about anything else!" Hosanna Church in Houston is the clearing house for all of the oher churches in the Houston area that are ministering to the refugees.

One of the things that I'm trying to do is raise money to send NEW Bibles along with a devotional tract on how tocope when you've been hit with a natural disaster. Both of these come directly from the International Bible Society and come in the New International Version (NIV). If we buy these in case lots, we cna get the Bible and the tract delivered straight into Hosanna Church in Houston for about $2.65 each if we buy in case lots. We can get new Bibles delivered as just about as cheap as what we could ship used Bibles straight from Wichita and not to mention it frees up precious manhours to work on other releif projects.

I'm looking forward to see what God has in store for us and what we can do to bless those who have had their lives turned upside down and basically destoyed. One thing to keep in mind is that as you give, Jesus said in Luke 6:38 "If you give, you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full measure, pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, and running over. Whatever measure you use in giving--large or small--it will be used to measure what is given back to you." Don't use this as an excuse to give, but rather know that God will use your gift to not only build someone else up, but you to. It's like being on a spiral staircase, You can either spiral down or you can ascend up together.

I WANT TO ASCEND UPWARD!!!

Be Blessed In Jesus!

Scott

No comments: